MUTU Coffee Roasters was created out of a passion for people, community and creativity. We provide small-batch, craft-roasted specialty coffee from the best growing regions around the world. We purchase coffee only from farms and cooperatives that are 100% certified organic and fair trade. Every bag of Mutu coffee that is purchased benefits local community outreach as well as people in coffee growing regions throughout the world. Mutu Coffee Roasters participate with Café Femenino growers empowering women and creating social equality in impoverished coffee growing communities.
Mutu, defined as “of the highest quality” is a mission driven company striving toward creating social equality and promoting good in the world.
Mutu Coffee's reason for being:
“We support social equality and sustainability in our local community and globally through our coffee roasting practices with Fair Trade and Organically grown coffee. “
Our values are woven throughout our business. We strive to maintain balance in our community and throughout the world by considering all aspects of life, from farm to cup. We have compassion for the people and the environment found at all stages of our supply chain. Therefore, we feel our responsibilities extend to the farmers who grow our beans and to the land they cultivate. That is why we support the local women and their families in the coffee growing regions we seek out. We separate ourselves from our competitors by contributing profits back to our farmers.
Authenticity and creativity are also values we cherish at Mutu Coffee Roasters. It’s important that we stay true to who we are as a company and as individuals. Every aspect of our business benefits from the creative minds on our team as we seek to view our operations from all perspectives. We rely on the creativity of our farmers, distributors and roasters to create the best quality coffee on the market. We value honesty and transparency, and we chose to do business with those who are like-minded in their integrity.
- Authenticity – we represent our true selves. We are real and do what we say.
- Balance – life should have balance. We consider all aspects of life in our daily operations. We strive to be impactful across all areas of our personal life and in business. We care about the environment here and abroad.
- Compassion – we care about how our actions affect all people along our supply chain. Price is not our guiding principle, principle itself is our guide. We have empathy for others and reflect that within our business model.
- Contribution – as a business, we need to separate ourselves from what others are doing by making a measurable contribution to the world we live in. Anyone can roast coffee. We strive to make a strong social impact while also being stewards of the environment and we roast coffee!
- Creativity – from farm to cup, creativity influences our product. Every aspect of our business benefits from the creative minds on our team and by observing from all perspectives. We rely on the creativity of our farmers, distributors and roasters to create the best quality coffee on the market.
- Honesty – credibility, transparency, integrity. We value being trustworthy and working with others who are like-minded.
- Responsibility – people and the planet are at the core of what we do. We have the responsibility to be good stewards of this earth and make good use for what we have and share.